This section contains information about the Rivian Phone Key BLE API. The API is used by the Rivian Phone Key to communicate directly with the vehicle, without an internet connection.
These commands mirror the internet-based commands in the
sendVehicleCommand endpoint. The BLE API allows for commands to be sent quicker when you are near your vehicle. BLE is also used for proximity detection, both for phone key and the key fob.
- Rivian Sensor 1 For sensing the proximity of BLE keys
- Rivian Sensor 2: For sensing the proximity of BLE keys
- Rivian Sensor 3: For sensing the proximity of BLE keys
- Rivian Sensor 4: For sensing the proximity of BLE keys
- RIVN: The key fob. Seems to use this API too.
- Rivian Phone Key: For communicating with the vehicle to perform commands
- Rivian Audio: For playing music / taking calls in the vehicle
- Rivian Camp Speaker: For playing music / taking calls on the camp speaker
The BLE API uses the “Rivian Phone Key” device to send VAS commands and receive data. The device has the following characteristics:
52495356-454e-534f-5253-455256494345: Service UUID (Active Entry)
5249565f-4d4f-424b-4559-5f5752495445: Characteristic UUID (Read/Write, Active Entry)
5ae32b92-eafb-471b-afe8-e88eec4a4774: Characteristic UUID (Unknown)
afb2e704-842b-4e6a-9bd2-b1b305828f24: Characteristic UUID (Read, Vehicle Status)